Services & Amenities
Who says retirement has to be boring? Abernethy Laurels is a retirement community filled with enriching activities that engage our residents emotionally, physically, spiritually, and mentally.
Thanks to a vibrant community center and amenities that include a fitness center, aquatics, library, greenway trails, and an abundance of programs, our residents have more choices than they have time. The coffee shop, library, and bistro also stay busy with resident activity. The Life Enrichment team takes great pride in developing programs that appeal to everyone. Whether it’s dinner out, a stretching class at CORE Fitness, a trip to the theater, or a bridge tournament, you’ll find something enjoyable at Abernethy Laurels retirement community.
Deposit early and take advantage of the perks! The lifestyle begins before you even move in.
- 24-hour ATM
- Beauty salon/barber shop
- Billiards area
- Coffee shop
- Common areas available for use
- Dining and nutrition services
- CORE Fitness (fitness/wellness center with indoor heated pool and spa)
- Fireside library with computer access
- Guest accommodations
- Meditation area
- Resident garden
- Walking trails, gazebos, and other outdoor spaces
- 24-hour security
- Business center services
- Cable TV
- Classes & programming
- Emergency call system
- Home care
- Passport to Travel program
- Respite services available
- Transportation services (individual, airport)
- Wireless internet (Community Center)
Located on the lower level of the Community Center at Abernethy Laurels, CORE Fitness offers a holistic health approach designed to help our residents maintain the highest level of independence.
CORE Fitness boasts an aquatic and fitness center complete with a heated pool, jacuzzi, a full circuit of Nautilus strength training equipment, numerous cardio machines, free weights, lockers, and shower areas. Use of CORE Fitness is included with residency. For membership information, call CORE Fitness at 828-465-8557.
Classes & Programs
- Stretch, Flexibility, and Balance
- Tai Chi (basic and advanced)
- Outpatient aquatic therapy
Dining & Nutrition
Our cottages, villas, and apartments are well equipped with modern kitchens, but one of the best aspects of life at Abernethy Laurels is that you don’t need to cook unless you choose to!
At Abernethy Laurels, we offer a variety of dining options with menus developed to accommodate resident preferences and which are overseen by a registered dietician. Our team of chefs come to us with extensive training at top-ranked culinary institutions.
Enjoy a deli sandwich along with your favorite cup of soup in our Bistro. Located in the Community Center, the Bistro is a spacious, well-lit dining venue that serves up an array of culinary delights in a casual atmosphere. If you’re looking for something a bit more intimate, the Laurel Woods Dining Room offers fireside dining in a cozy environment with seasonally changing menus. Laurels Woods is open every day of the week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s our pleasure at Abernethy Laurels to offer a delightful dining experience that’s both tasty and good for you!
salads & appetizers
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Goat Cheese
- Hot Artichoke Dip with warm Garlic Sea Salt Pita Chips
- Baked Brie Cheese Stuffed with Almonds and Honey
- Grilled Salmon with Caper Relish
- Rosemary Crusted Roast of Lamb
- Rotisserie Pork Tenderloin with Apricot and Caramelized Onions
- Roasted Red Potatoes with Shallot Dijon Butter
- Wheat Rolls with Maple Butter
- Blanched Green Beans with Smoked Applewood Bacon
- Chocolate Dipped French Crème Puffs
- Grilled Pound Cake with Strawberry Compose
- Double Chocolate Layer Cake
What are your interests and passions? You’re sure to find an array of opportunities to stay engaged at Abernethy Laurels. Explore your favorite pastimes or partake in a new adventure.
- Musical and theater performances
- Bible study/worship services
- Lifelong learning
- Fitness/wellness programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Social gatherings
- Travel (day outings and overnight)
Enjoy a trip to Savannah, GA, for local culture and history, and then satisfy your taste buds at dinner with friends. For residents who prefer the comforts of home, Abernethy Laurels brings educational programs and entertainment to campus.
Our 120-acre campus features a series of greenway trails where residents may enjoy nature, go birding, or take their pet for a walk. Enjoy our dedicated community garden, where residents grow vegetables – farm-to-table, here we come!
Abernethy Laurels’ Life Enrichment team encourages residents to have an active and healthy lifestyle. The goal of our programming is to deliver diverse options that meet the physical, social, intellectual, and spiritual needs of the people who call Abernethy Laurels home.
Download Our Lifestyle Brochure
Complete the form to download the Abernethy Laurels brochure.