Services & Amenities
Who says retirement has to be boring? Abernethy Laurels is a retirement community filled with enriching activity that is emotionally, physically, spiritually, and mentally engaging.
With a vibrant community center and amenities which include a fitness center, aquatics, library, walking trails, and an abundance of programs – our residents have more choices than they have time. The coffee shop, library, and bistro are also on the list of busy places at Abernethy Laurels. The Life Enrichment team takes great pride in developing programs that appeal to everyone. Whether it’s dinner out, a stretching class at Core Fitness, a trip to the theatre or a bridge tournament – you’ll find something enjoyable at Abernethy Laurels Retirement Community.
- 24hr ATM
- Beauty salon/barber shop
- Billiards area
- Coffee/internet shop
- Commons space areas available for use
- Dining & Nutrition
- CORE Fitness (fitness/wellness center with indoor heated pool and spa)
- Fireside library with computer access
- Guest accommodations
- Meditation area
- Resident garden
- Walking trails, gazebos and other outdoor spaces
- 24-hour security
- Business center services
- Cable TV
- Classes & programming
- Emergency call system
- Home Care
- Passport to Travel
- Respite services available
- Transportation services (individual, airport)
- Wireless internet (Community Center)
Located on the lower level of the Community Center at Abernethy Laurels, Core Fitness provides a holistic health approach designed to help our residents maintain the highest level of independence.
Core Fitness boasts an aquatic and fitness center complete with a heated pool, jacuzzi, a full circuit of Nautilus strength training equipment, numerous cardio machines, free weights, lockers, and shower areas. Use of Core Fitness is included upon residency. For membership information, call CORE Fitness at 828-465-8557.
Classes & Programs
- Stretch, Flexibility, and Balance
- Tai Chi (basic and advanced)
- Outpatient aquatic therapy
Dining & Nutrition
Our cottages, villas, and apartments are well equipped with modern kitchens, but one of the best aspects of life at Abernethy Laurels is that you don’t need to cook unless you choose to.
At Abernethy Laurels, we put forth a variety of dining options with menus developed in concert with resident preferences and overseen by a registered dietician. Our team of chefs come to us with extensive training at top-ranked culinary institutions.
Enjoy a deli sandwich along with your favorite cup of soup in our bistro. Located in the Community Center, the bistro is a spacious, well-lit dining venue that serves up an array of culinary delights in a casual atmosphere. If you are looking for something a bit more intimate, the Laurel Woods Dining Room offers fireside dining in a cozy environment with seasonally changing menus. Laurels Woods Dining Room is open every day of week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our goal at Abernethy Laurels is to offer you a delightful dining experience that is both tasty and good for you!
salads & appetizers
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Goat Cheese
- Hot Artichoke Dip with warm Garlic Sea Salt Pita Chips
- Baked Brie Cheese Stuffed with Almonds and Honey
- Grilled Salmon with Caper Relish
- Rosemary Crusted Roast of Lamb
- Rotisserie Pork Tenderloin with Apricot and Caramelized Onions
- Roasted Red Potatoes with Shallot Dijon Butter
- Wheat Rolls with Maple Butter
- Blanched Green Beans with Smoked Applewood Bacon
- Chocolate Dipped French Crème Puffs
- Grilled Pound Cake with Strawberry Compose
- Double Chocolate Layer Cake
What are your interests and passions? You are sure to find an abundance of opportunities to stay engaged at Abernethy Laurels. Explore your favorite pastimes or partake in a new adventure.
- Musical and theatrical performances
- Bible study/worship services
- Lifelong learning
- Fitness/wellness programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Social gatherings
- Travel (day outings and overnight)
Enjoy a trip to Savannah, GA for the culture and history of the area, then satisfy your taste buds at dinner with friends. For those who prefer the comforts of home, Abernethy Laurels brings educational programs and entertainment to campus.
The 120-acre campus brings a series of walking trails where residents may enjoy nature, go birding, or take their pet for a walk. Enjoy our dedicated garden area where residents grow vegetables – farm to table, here we come!
Abernethy Laurels’ Life Enrichment team encourages residents to have an active and healthy lifestyle. The goal of our programming is to deliver diverse options to meet the physical, social, intellectual, and spiritual needs of those who call Abernethy Laurels home.
Download Our Lifestyle Brochure
Complete the form to download the Abernethy Laurels brochure.